Week of May 4th
- The puppets Will and Nancy have found another story to read together today - The Billy Goats Gruff.
- You can watch a video of the story if you click on the link at the top of the page.
- When you have watched the story can you talk about the following
- who are the characters in the story
- where does the story take place
- what is happening at the start of the story
- what is happening at the end of the story
- There are 3 goats in the story of 'The Billy Goats Gruff'.
- Here are 3 fingers. Can you hold up 3 fingers like this?
- Can you hold up fingers to match the numbers 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10?
- If a grown up says a number can you hold up the right amount of fingers as fast as you can?
- Why not have a go at making some soup for the Billy goats tea - you just need to use your imagination - it is very easy.
an old saucepan or bowl
an old spoon
a jug of water
- Mix together whichever ingredients you fancy with the spoon or a stick.
- Pour into a couple of bowls - fantastic Billy goats soup.
- Will and Nancy tried to make a bridge like the one in the story of the Billy Goats Gruff.
- They balanced a mat on top of a tin of beans and a jar of jam.
- Will sat on it to see if it was a strong bridge.
- Could you have a go at making a bridge?
- It could be big or small.
- You could make it inside or outside.
- You can use anything you want to make your special bridge.
- Today we have a difficult challenge for you to try at home.
- The word 'goat' has four letters in it.
- Have a go at writing the four letters one at a time.
- Use the pictures and rhymes below from our phonic system to help you.
- Remember to hold your pencil correctly if you can - a grown up will help you
- Start with the letter 'o' as this is the easiest one to write.
- Try and start writing from the top of the letter.
- Now have a go at 'a'. It is like 'o' and you start writing from the top of the letter.
- Now try 't'. Remember to start at the top again and put the line across at the end.
- The last letter is 'g'. This is like writing 'a' with a long curl underneath. It is difficult to do but have a go - you can do it.
- When you have tried writing the four letters can you write them again in the right order to make goat?