In Science children will:
- Give examples of positive and negative ways in which humans can change the environment.
- Develop an awareness of how to protect the environment.
- Construct food chains for a particular habitat.
- Investigate Where does all that food go?
- Investigate What do animals eat?
- Construct a variety of food chains.
- Demonstrate understanding of the potential human impact on food chains in a UK habitat- What happens when a food chain is broken?
In History/Geography children will do a local study of Whitwell.
Art this term is Printing.
In Computing children will:
- To find out what a simulation is and understand the purpose of a simulation.
- To explore a simulation, making choices and discussing their effects
- To work through and evaluate a more complex simulation
- To enter data into a graph and ask questions
- To solve an investigation and present the results in graphic form
In Music children will play instruments within a song.
In RE children will study: How and why do believers show their commitment during the journey of life?
In PSHE children will study: Bullying Matters
In French children will learn:
- Identify the names of animals
- Recognise how to tell the time
- Describe where animals live
- Describe animals
- Improve pronunciation of words with the ‘oi’ sound.
- Write sentences using vocabulary learnt so far.
In SMSC (Social, cultural, spiritual and moral) children will learn about local village life.
- Understand the importance of being part of different groups (Scouts, Brownies etc..)
- Understand the importance of belonging to a community.
- Advertise local traditions and clubs.