The topic this term is called:
Can anyone climb a mountain?
It is a Geography and Science based topic.
The Science focuses on Healthy of animals and humans.
- recognise the impact of diet, exercise, drugs and lifestyle on the way their bodies function
- link their knowledge to Step to the Beat in PE and keeping a healthy heart
- link their knowledge to French - le Sport!
Geography - The children will learn about Mountains
- They will learn about World Mountain Ranges, defining what a mountain is
- Know how a mountain is formed
- Research the human 'use' of mountains and their dangers
- Find out about a World Mountain of their choice
- Understand the different types of rock
- Pupils will learn about and draw and paint in the style of the Japanese artist Hokusai
In computing we will:
- Use control technology to make sounds
- Work with BEATLAB to compose and explore how sounds mix
- Create Powerpoints incorporating sounds and speech
- Use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly