The topic this term is called:
What Remains of the Shang Dynasty?
It is a History and Science based topic.
In Science we will focus on Light.
- recognise that light travels in straight lines
- examine and explain how shadows are formed
- examine the structure of the human eye and how it works
In History will learn about the Shang Dynasty- an ancient Chinese civilisation.
- They will learn about how people settled around the Yellow River
- Be able to understand how we learn from ancient artefacts
- Know that ancient tools were made from Bronze
- Understand that a Dynasty is a family of rulers.
In DT we will:
- Pupils will design, make and evaluate cams to create Chinese Shadow Puppets.
In computing we will:
- Use control technology to design, write and debug pre-pared code or designed codes
- Work with commands of input and output, extending to variables in Y6 to control a system
- Use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly