The topic this term is called:
Who Studies the Night Skies?
It is a History/Science based topic.
The Science - Space
The children will:
- describe the movements of the Earth and other planets relative to the Sun in the solar system
- describe the movements of the Moon relative to the Earth
- describe the Sun, Earth and Moon as approximately spherical bodies
- Use the idea of the Earth's Rotation to explain day and night
History - Ancient Greece
- The word 'democracy' is Greek. It means Government by the people
- Pheidippides ran from Athens to Sparta to ask for help against the Persians
- The Ancient Greeks played an important part in the development of the alphabet
- The word 'theatre' is Greek.
- Pupils will research the work of an artist and will use their work to replicate their style
In computing we will:
Use Multimedia for different contexts. Children will plan presentations in science and will 'activate' their work.
Below are the knowledge organisers for this term. The knowledge organisers show a brief overview of the topics that we are covering in our science and history lessons this term.