In English we will be writing stories and learn about writing arguments which are fair and not biased.
The children will also be learning to use the reading toolkit to develop their understanding of different texts that they read.
- Use their background knowledge and experiences.
- Ask questions
- Breakdown and repair words using phonic and spelling strategies
- Clarify meaning of words and phrases
- Make predictions
- Use inference to find the true meaning
- Visualise making a picture in their head
- Summarise by putting together the key parts.