The topic this term is called:
What was it like to live in World War Two?
It is a History based topic.
The Science focuses on Evolution and Inheritance
The children will:
- recognise that living things have changed over time and that fossils provide information about living things that inhabited the Earth millions of years ago
- recognise that living things produce offspring of the same kind, but normally offspring vary and are not identical to their parents
- identify how animals and plants are adapted to suit their environment in different ways and that adaptation may lead to evolution.
The children will learn about World War Two from a child's point of view.
- They will learn that the war lasted 6 years and was fought on land, sea and in the air
- They will learn about Evacuation
- They will understand the impact that the war made on families and empathasise with this
- They will know that the war affected women and that society changed because of this
- Understand that society changed following the impact of the way in many ways
- Pupils will learn about food technology. They will learn about healthy eating, food hygiene and that cooking is a crucial life skill.
In computing we will:
- Focus on digital imagery
- Take photos
- Edit and produce work using the photos