The topic this term is called:
What was it like to live in World War Two?
It is a History based topic.
The Science focuses on Lifecycles and Reproduction
The children will:
- study both plants and animals including work on habitats
- describe the differences in the life cycles of a mammal, an amphibian, an insect and a bird
- describe the life process of reproduction in some plants and animals.
The children will learn about World War Two from a child's point of view.
- They will learn that the war lasted 6 years and was fought on land, sea and in the air
- They will learn about Evacuation
- They will understand the impact that the war made on families and empathasise with this
- They will know that the war affected women and that society changed because of this
- Understand that society changed following the impact of the way in many ways
- Pupils will learn about food technology. They will learn about healthy eating, food hygiene and that cooking is a crucial life skill.
In computing we will:
- Focus on digital imagery
- Take photos
- Edit and produce work using the photos