The topic this term is called:
Could you adapt to live anywhere in the world?
It is a Geography and Science based topic.
The Science focuses on forces.
The children will:
- Explain that unsupported objects fall towards the Earth because of the force of gravity acting between the Earth and the falling object
- Identify the effects of air resistance, water resistance and friction, that act between moving surfaces
- Recognise that some mechanisms, including levers, pulleys and gears, allow a smaller force to have a greater effect.
The children will learn about Biomes and how different parts of the world adapt to climate and conditions.
- They should understand subject-specific vocabulary relating to Biomes
- Together we will learn about the 7 key Biomes and where they are
- We will discover how plants and animals adapt to the conditions in a Biome
- The children will learn about climate and how it affects settlement
- Pupils will design, make and evaluate a cushion which can then be 'sold' at the School Christmas Fair in December.
In computing we will:
- Explore Data Handling to collect, analyse, evaluate and present data
- Use technology safely, respectfully and responsibly
- Understand Computer networks, including the internet and mobile networks and how they can provide multiple services such as the www and SMS and 3G etc