This week all the activities will be about numbers.
- For this number game you will need
- some paper or card with numbers written on them.
- you can choose to use all the numbers up to 10 or just a few of them
- some clothes pegs
- Ask a grown up to say one of the numbers
- Can you attach the right number of pegs to the card?
- This activity is about 'number order' and 'missing numbers'.
- You will need some numbers written on paper or card.
- Ask a grown up to give you a selection of cards - it does not need to be all the numbers from 1 to 10.
- Spread the cards on the floor.
- Can you put the cards in the correct order from the smallest to the biggest?
- Can you repeat the activity with different numbers?
- How fast can you do it?
- Ask a grown up to put a selection of the numbers in a line but this time miss one of the numbers out.
- Can you read the numbers together?
- Can you work out which number is missing and then find it to finish off the line?
- This game is about counting up to 10 objects .
- You will need to look around your house or garden and get up to 10 objects of your choice.
- Put the objects on the floor or the grass.
- Ask a grown up to say a number between 1 and 10.
- Can you count the right number of objects and put them together in a line or a pile?
- Ask a grown up to check the number you collected.
- Did you get it right?
- Repeat the game with another number and see how fast you can do it.
- This game involves recognising numbers and counting bricks.
- You will need some Lego, Duplo or wooden bricks and some number cards.
- If you work with a grown up can you
- select different number cards and build towers to match the numbers?
- put the towers in order from the smallest to the largest?
- You could use all the numbers from 1 to 10 or some of them.