Week of June 22nd
The Colour Monster
- This week the children at school will be doing activities linked to the story 'The Colour Monster' by Anna Llenas
- The story is about a monster who changes colour depending on how he is feeling.
- Below is a link to the story being read on the internet
- Below are some of the activities that we will be doing at school for you to try at home.
- Discuss which colour the monster becomes when he is happy, sad, afraid, loved, quiet and angry.
- Can you draw different faces to show somebody that is happy, angry or quiet?
- Think what the colour monster might be saying on different pages of the story.
- Can you draw a colour monster? Mrs Draycott drew a blue one. What colour would you like to draw?
- Use paint to change colours into new colours? What happens when you mix blue and yellow?
- How does music make you feel? listen to different songs - do they make you happy or sad?
- Can you collect some objects from your house or garden and sort and count them according to colour?