Week beginning Monday 23rd March 2020
- Watch the story of 'Goldilocks and the three bears' on the website Oxbridge Baby. This is a simple version of the story that we can use for more activities during the week.
- Can you collect five or six objects from around your home and play 'I spy' using those objects.
- Can you make a den using chairs, duvets, cushions and blankets. Can you read a story in your den? Our class puppets Nancy and Will read their favourite book. Can you see which story it is? Do you have a version of Goldilocks you could read? Don't worry if you haven't - any story will be great.
There are three bears in the story. The puppets decided to look around the house and collect sets of 3 objects. They found toys, socks, potatoes, spoons and pencils. Can you find any sets of 3 in your house? You could choose another number and repeat the activity for an extra challenge.
- Our puppet Nancy likes numbers so she has made a game for you to try inside or outside.
- Nancy made some number cards from a cereal box. She spread the cards on the grass outside. Then our puppet Will said a number and Nancy jumped on it as fast as she could. Will said all the numbers to 10.
- You can make this game as easy or as hard as you want to:
spread the numbers further apart so you have to run further,
hop to the numbers instead,
use just a few numbers at a time and then swap the numbers over,
colour the names so you have to run to 'red 4'
- If you would like to watch the Goldilocks story again the link is at the top of the page.
- You could talk about the characters in the story and what happened at the start, middle and end of the story.